Saturday, December 17, 2005

Adventures in dining

Well, this post isn't really about kids or technology, but I feel like writing about it anyway. :) I finally tried making risotto at home tonight. It was a qualified success. Everyone ate it, and most everyone liked it. It was a bit al dente for my taste, and I would definitely use more broth next time. But, I stirred and stirred for 20 minutes, and the broth got absorbed, and the rice got creamy, so all is good. I followed the package directions, which had a smaller quantity of liquid. There's a very fun writeup about risotto here, written by someone who really loves their risotto. They recommend more liquid, which I agree with.

DS loved it, had lots. DD looked at it and said "I want teriyaki sauce!" "Honey, it's not that kind of rice." "Teriyaki sauce!!" "How about some parmesan?" "Teriyaki Sauce!!!" Well, she ate it, teriyaki sauce and all. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home