Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Mac Momma Art Project

Well, Google may be trying to scan in the world's library, but I have a more modest goal: scan in all of the kid's artwork and schoolwork. However, I 'm finding that keeping up with this task is a bit more work than I anticipated. On any given day, at least 3-5 pieces of artwork come home, or are created. On Tuesdays, when both kids have school (DS for the whole day), I can get over 10 in a day! I'm finding I need to dedicate time each day to keep up, or quickly get overwhelmed. It is fun to have copies of all their stuff. Most of it fits in the scanner. Some of DD's larger easel paintings will only be partially scanned - I think we get the gist. To handle some of DS's larger stuff from school, I take a digital picture instead. My dad likes looking at the art - especially the more "abstract" stuff. He thinks it looks as good as some of the modern art he's seen in museums! Go, go, glitter glue!

In future posts, I'll show my true geeky colors and write down all the steps I've come up with to catalog their copious output. But the best part about this whole project? After it's scanned, I feel no guilt in letting it all go. (Don't worry, the really special stuff will be saved until the kids are forced to throw it out when they turn 60!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home